Finding a job is more than just trial and error! If you would like to finally get a job that you love, one that’s a good fit for your skills and personality, follow these tips before you start scheduling interviews:
1. Prepare or update your resume. This will remind you of your skill base.
2. Find your niche by asking yourself the following questions:
- Where do I want to work? Determine your target location.
- What industry interests me the most?
- What company profiles am I looking for?
- Where do I want to be in a few years?
- What are my salary expectations?
Also check how the job market is doing; see what type of companies are hiring, which industries are booming, etc. You might want to identify your target industry’s key players as well.
3. Use your networking skills & start applying.
- Utilize job alerts. Subscribe to the news feed of companies you want to work for.
- Use social media sites such as LinkedIn, facebook, Twitter, or even company blogs to connect to recruiters or hiring managers.
- Sign up on job boards and check them every week to see what’s new.
- Ask people within your social circle (friends and friends of friends) if they know of any openings in the companies you’re researching.
- Contact your University’s career center.
- Call up a local or international recruitment agency.
SearchPath Arabia is an international recruitment agency. Share your career goals with us at: email@example.com